Hello Fb user, are you bothered about your privacy on Facebook? Want to hide some information of yours?
Many of us don’t want to share our entire information on Facebook regarding pages which we like, profiles which we follow depending upon on our own personal and privacy reasons. Even I want to hide my data on Facebook as much as possible.
Nowadays, it became easy for people on Facebook to collect a lot of personal and private information about you based on your Facebook Likes, from the type of music you like to the sports teams you support. From the food you like to the politicians you support. Like this, a lot of information about you can be collected easily by looking at your liked pages.
Also, there might be some facebook pages which we want to LIKE but ended up not doing so because we might be afraid that some of our friends will know about it.
So you want to know about how to like a page without letting others know that you actually liked it? 😉
The good news is, Yes, we can hide our likes on Facebook completely by setting our likes to private mode, rather than unliking the particular page completely.
Facebook has given an option in your profile to customise the privacy of your likes in Categories option. They classified the pages into different categories such as Films, Tv Programmes, Artists, Books, Sports Teams, Clothing, People, Restaurants, Apps and Games, etc.
So we can customize the privacy of our liked pages on facebook across different categories, by keeping some categories as public, sharing others only with friends, or completely keeping all categories to private so that no one else can view your liked pages on Fb except you.
How to Hide liked pages on Facebook:
- Go to your facebook profile or you can click here.
- Now under your Cover photo, click the “More” drop-down menu button, then click ‘Likes’ button.
- Here you can view all your liked pages on Facebook. On the right side to the ‘Likes’ button, click on the 3 Dot … menu button and then “Edit the Privacy of your Likes” button.
- Now a pop up will appear and you will see multiple categories.
- And now you can customize the privacy of each category as per your personal choice. You will have multiple privacy options like Public, Friends, Only me, Custom, Close Friends, etc.
If you want to hide Liked pages of yours entirely on Facebook, then make all categories settings to ‘Only Me’.
- Once you are done, click the ‘Close‘ button. Now Your likes should be private. 🙂
So that’s it, guys. I hope this post will be helpful to you by giving you some peace of mind about your privacy by completely hiding your liked pages on Facebook. You’ll remain anonymous, you’ll still get your liked pages updates daily without any of your friends ever knowing.
If you have any doubts in this tutorial, please comment down below. I’m always happy to help you! 🙂