Hello Whatsapp lovers, wanna use Whatsapp on your computer or laptop rather than just on mobile? Cool! Even I personally use Whatsapp daily on my computer and I got habituated to using it on my pc compared to my smartphone because it's productive to me and typing is much faster on PC or laptop than on mobile.
Do you know this?
Nowadays, WhatsApp is one of the most famous mobile messenger apps of having such amazing features like text and voice messages, Group chats, audio and video calls, sharing photos and videos, payments, sharing documents, etc. Who cannot love all such things in just 1 app? 😀
Earlier, back in the days, WhatsApp was officially released for only Smartphones but not for Computers. But later in 2015, for Computer/Laptop, WhatsApp has released a browser-based application called ‘WhatsApp Web‘ by which we can use Whatsapp on our web browsers like Google Chrome, Opera, etc and later in 2016, Whatsapp has officially released the desktop app called as 'WhatsApp Desktop' by which we can download the application on our computer or laptop.
WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop are computer-based extensions of the WhatsApp account on your phone. The messages you send and receive are synced between your phone and computer, and you can see your messages on both devices.
Which means, for both WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop, you need to have your smartphone with you. Without your smartphone, you can't use any of both methods.
I'm also sharing another method where you can use Whatsapp on your computer or laptop without the need of your smartphone. Here we will use a 3rd party software called Bluestacks (Android Emulator) on our Pc. Those who don’t have smartphones to use WhatsApp on mobile, this Bluestacks can help. Also, those who are using Windows 7 OS, WhatsApp Desktop won't work. So for people like them, this Bluestacks software method can help.
So now we have a total of 3 methods to use Whatsapp on Computer/Laptop. You can choose any one of the below as per your own choice.
Method 1: Using Whatsapp on web browsers like Chrome, Opera, Mozilla etc.
Method 2: Downloading WhatsApp Desktop application on your computer or laptop
Method 3: Downloading Bluestacks software and using WhatsApp in it
Since most of us always have smartphones with us, so you can use either Method 1 or Method 2 as per your convenience.
So let me show you all the 3 methods below,
How to use Whatsapp on a web browser (WhatsApp Web):
- 1Go to https://web.whatsapp.com/ on your browser. Now you will see a QR code which needs to be scanned by your phone.
- 2Now open Whatsapp on your Smartphone and click on three dotted icons on top-right of your WhatsApp and then click on 'WhatsApp Web'.
- 3Now when you click ‘WhatsApp Web’ on your phone, a scanner will open. Now you need to scan the Qr code on the browser page of step 1 with the scanner opened on your mobile. So scan the code by placing your phone cam before the Qr code on your browser page.
- 4So when you scan the code, your WhatsApp account will be opened automatically on your web browser. That’s it!! Now enjoy by using your WhatsApp on your computer/laptop. 🙂
Another interesting feature about ‘WhatsApp Web’ is, it allows us to turn on ‘Desktop Notifications’ on our browser so that even when our browser is minimized we will get alerts for any new messages. And you should note that it allows only one Web session at a time. You’ll also have a ‘Log out’ feature on Whatsapp web. So when you are logged out, again you need to do the same steps above to log in.
In this method, we will download the WhatsApp Desktop application from the official WhatsApp website.
This WhatsApp Desktop application works in Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.10 and higher. It won't work in Windows 7.
How to download Whatsapp on computer/laptop - Windows 8/10 or Mac:
- 1Go to official Whatsapp site by clicking here
- 2So when you have gone there, look at the right side, there you will see "Download WhatsApp For Mac or Windows PC" section
- 3There they have given the download links of Whatsapp desktop app for your computer/laptop.
So choose the link to download as per your system configuration - Windows 64-bit/32-bit or Mac OS
- 4So once you start the download and the download finishes, install it.
- 5After installation completes, open the Whatsapp desktop app on your pc, now you will see a QR code which you should scan with your smartphone
- 6Now open Whatsapp on your Smartphone and click on three dotted icons on top-right of your WhatsApp and then click on 'WhatsApp Web'.
- 7Point your phone to the QR code on the Whatsapp desktop app on your Pc
- 8So when you scan the code, your WhatsApp account will be opened on your Whatsapp Desktop application on your Pc. That’s it. Enjoy! 🙂
So if you have any doubts about how to use WhatsApp Desktop on your Computer or Laptop, you can leave your comments below. I'll reply there.
In this method, we will first download the Bluestacks software and then we will download Whatsapp.
By this method, you can easily have Whatsapp for windows 7. Whereas for some people, WhatsApp Desktop (Method 2) won't work in Win 7.
But by the help of this Bluestacks, you can easily download whatsapp for windows 7 whether it is a 32-bit or 64-bit version.
And this also works in Windows 8, Windows 10 and Mac Os too.
How to download Whatsapp on Pc using Bluestacks Software:
In general, there are many softwares on the internet which will help us to run android apps on our Pc/Laptop, but the best one is Bluestacks. So in this post we are using Bluestacks software for installing WhatsApp on Pc/Laptop.
Note: Bluestacks is only supported on Pc/Laptop having graphic memory or graphic card. If your PC don't have a graphic card, then don't worry, I'm giving an alternative link to download.
- Download Bluestacks software by going here
- If you don't have a graphic card on your Pc, then download bluestacks by clicking here.
- After the download of bluestacks completes, install it on your Pc/Laptop. Installation may take some time like 3-5 minutes.
- After successful installation of bluestacks, we will follow one simple method to install Whatsapp on our bluestacks software
Open your bluestacks and you will see an option 'App Search' or a small Search Icon on the top right corner. So now type Whatsapp in the search box and download it.
Step 2: Activating WhatsApp on your Pc/Laptop
- After your download of Whatsapp completes, install it.
- After Installing Whatsapp then it will ask you to enter your Mobile number for which you want to use your Whatsapp
- Now verify your Mobile number by Sms or call as the same procedure which we do normally for installing Whatsapp on mobile
- Enter Verification code and now Your Whatsapp is successfully activated on your Computer/Laptop. 🙂
That's it! Now Enjoy! 🙂 Have Fun.
Have Fun - Chatting, Calls, Voice messages and much more on your Pc/laptop`s Whatsapp. 😀
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
How to use Whatsapp on a computer without a phone?
It's possible to use Whatsapp on a laptop or computer without a phone by following the Method 3 which I've written in the post above.
You just need to have the phone once with you for the verification code while registering the Whatsapp account on laptop or Pc. Once you enter the verification code and verification completes, then you don't need to have a phone with you later onwards. You can always use Whatsapp without the phone.
If you have any doubts or issues about how to use whatsApp on Pc/laptop, You can comment here in below comment box. If you find this post helpful, then please share it with your friends and help us to grow.